And I’m very excited about this. I’ve set some tough deadlines with Incident at Trinsa and Suldrun’s Fire, but goals only help me. I’ve also written a good portion of Incident, so hitting a 90 day deadline is completely doable. The Expanding Universe Anthology also drops this week, and my hope is that it’s going to drive attention to the other books available.
Write 15k story (tentatively titled the Laiklin Caper but don’t like the title.) It’s going to be about Irrinat Jessin and how he ended up in Prowling Thunder. Takes place on the orbital Laiklin Sartor in Garalan system. I’m looking forward to writing about the Garalans.
Send out another newsletter. I’m trying another mailing service, so I should be able to get more info about what works and doesn’t.
Attend Storymongers and Wordos groups but won’t have any work to share.
Ride my bike to work. I’m starting my new years resolutions early. I think I’ll have more to write on that but it will be it’s own post.
I actually accomplished everything I meant to do last week. I got the books finished and in before the deadline, sent out the newsletter, and took part in my writing groups as I normally would. So that feels really good. I didn’t do any new writing but it was an editing week.
I’m trying some small bits of advertising for the new books. Since Ground Private Parvel was in Kindle Scout, Amazon is going to send an email out to everyone who voted for it. I’m also trying an Amazon ad and will have an ad on Quick Sips Reviews. It will be interesting to see what kind of attention that gets, good or bad. For QSR, I’m advertising The Hawk of Destiny’s Fist, which is currently on Instafreebie as a way to get newsletter signups.
I may also be taking part in a mentoring group for authors. I’ll post updates on how that works out.
My weekly check-in on writing and publishing.
- Send update email to newsletter list on 12/6/16
- Finish final editing on Dead Miner’s Mother and Ground Private Parvel
- Get books laid out for Kindle and Create Space
- Upload books to Kindle by 12/11/16
- Read Wordos stories
- Attend Wordos on Tuesday
- Attend local authors party on Saturday
- Get up at 5am every day this week.
- Go to bed by 10pm so I can get up on time.
- Finish reading The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula Le Guin.
- Walk the dog daily / increase exercise
- Check in with Quick Sips Reviews about advertising.
- Finish reading Everfair by Nisi Shawl.
- I didn’t get up on time last week.
- I only met my exercise goals three days of last week.
- I stayed up too late playing Mad Max several nights, which messed up my sleeping habits. (It’s an amazing game, but I feel like I’m just grinding at this point and should be focused on accomplishing things in the real world.)
- I read half of Everfair by Nisi Shawl.
The audio version, where I ramble and say um a lot: